It’s now officially Fall in the northern hemisphere! To celebrate the season, I made muffins for everyone. OK, muffins for twelve. But I’m sharing the recipe with EVERYONE!
Truth: it doesn’t really feel like fall in Arizona just yet. With temperatures ranging from 95-103 degrees F, it’s hard to get in the spirit of the season. BUT I’ve found a way to set the mood in our home. I made banana and cinnamon pancakes for breakfast, pumpkin crumb muffins for a mid-afternoon snack, and I have two fall-y candles burning at both ends of our house. I even set our AC to 65 degrees F so we could unpack our snuggies and wear them!
Are you ready for a season’s worth of pumpkin inspired recipes? I got a head start last week and shared a Roasted Pumpkin Crostini. Today’s pumpkin highlight is a Pumpkin Crumb Muffin. Next up is a sweet Pumpkin Dip, and last, but not least, a pick me up monday morning Pumpkin Frappuccino.
- 1 8oz pack of cream cheese
- 1 15oz can of packed pumpkin
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbs granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all muffin ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until blended and smooth.
- Spoon the muffin batter evenly between all 12 muffin tins.
- Combine all crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl with a spatula. The crumb topping will be thick and crumbly.
- Press a handful of the crumb topping into the top of each by crumbling it with your hand.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until wood pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then store muffins in a covered container or resealable plastic bag (for mini muffins, prepare as above and bake for 15-20 minutes).